Interactive Design News Roundup: Feb. 23-29
HOWinteractivedesign.com is all about web design for graphic designers—we cover industry news, innovations in web design and education resources and help print designers make the transition to interactive design. Here are our top web design stories from the past week:
- The HOW 2012 Interactive Design Award Winners: We’re so stoked to finally reveal the winners of the HOW 2012 Interactive Design Awards! As revealed in the March 2012 issue of HOW, the big winner of this year’s awards was the Nissan Leaf campaign pictured above. We’ve also got five Outstanding Award winners that you can check out here, and there’s a gallery of all the winners of the 2012 Interactive Design Awards here.
- The 4 Habits of Successful Web Designers: Anyone hoping to embrace web design has to take the plunge and get fully immersed in it. To do that successfully, we’ve come up with a list of key traits key for web designers and developers.
- Flickr’s Getting a Makeover: With Tumblr and Pinterest‘s dominance in modern photo social networking and Facebook’s general ubiquity, does Flickr still have a place in the market, even with a flashy new interface?
- 5 Tools to Pick Perfect Web Colors: Check out the web tools we like best for selecting web-safe colors.
- The Latest in Responsive Design + An Awesome Testing Tool: Did you catch the Responsive Summit in London? Yeah, us neither. But we’ve collected a few great blog posts about the summit, and we found a great new responsive web design testing tool.