Graphic Design Job Of The Day: Designer (agencyEA, Chicago)
Looking for a Chicago design job? agencyEA is seeking a full-time graphic designer to join their team.
The position of Graphic Designer is a full-time position in the creative services department. The designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team. The designer develops concepts and fulfills layout assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input. The designer may, on occasion, work directly with a Project Managers and outside contractors (freelancers and vendors) to complete design requirements or supervise in-house production of creative elements, but more typically works under the direction of the Creative Director.
Knowledge of production processes, with experience in digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, CAD, 3D rendering, Apple Keynote, Microsoft PowerPoint and other industry design, presentation and production software; reasonable drawing skills; printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design and type specification; stock photography; image retouching and manipulation; art direction; and good communication skills are desirable.
- Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required.
- Works with creative team to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Assists account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches.
- Works with independent contractors (freelance illustrators, photographers, etc.) as required per assignment, under supervision of Creative Director to meet assigned deadlines.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions and assist with the needs of other creative team members.
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Maintains internal and off-site digital file backups for in-progress jobs; uploads completed project files to agency Digital Asset Management archive system.
- Maintains reasonable inventory of necessary art supplies for fulfillment of design responsibilities.
Looking to hire a designer? Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.