Graphic Design Job Of The Day: Magazine Art Director
Looking for a Columbus, Ohio design job? The Dispatch Printing Company is seeking a Magazine Art Director for it’s number one monthly publication. Must have 3-5 years experience.
Columbus Monthly seeks a talented, motivated Art Director to join the creative team behind Central Ohio’s No.-1 magazine. The Art Director is a passionate visual leader who works closely with writers, editors and photographers to conceptualize ideas that are smart and provocative and deliver engaging designs that connect with the city magazine’s readers.
As the Art Director, you will:
· Manage design operations for Columbus Monthly and related specialty publications;
· Motivate and inspire a talented design team in a collaborative environment;
· Thrive under deadline pressure while maintaining a fast-paced production schedule;
· Design compelling magazine covers that drive newsstand sales;
· Maintain consistent style and design quality in accordance with editorial and advertising goals;
· Work closely with editors to implement the magazine’s unique visual identity;
· And offer new ideas to keep Columbus Monthly vibrant, relevant and engaging for its sophisticated readers.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to create compelling magazine layouts with a sense of style and readability, and must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and three to five years of related experience, including positions of increasing responsibility at a newspaper or magazine. Experience at a city or regional magazine is preferred.
Looking to hire a designer? Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.