Graphic Design Job of the Day: Digital Art Director
Looking for a Florida design job? BGT Partners is seeking a Digital Art Director for its in-house team. Must have 1 – 3 years experience in all phases of web production and design.
Do you love what you do AND the people you work with?
At BGT you can choose your destiny, make great friends, be your quirky self and have a fulfilling career where your ideas and hard work will be noticed and appreciated. We are one of the oldest, largest and most award-winning independent digital agencies in the world. BGT is consistently ranked one of the best places to work locally and nationally. Our culture is our business – we put our people first, boasting a nearly 100% employee retention rate…unheard of in our industry. We’re a privately held company, which allows us to define our own personality and culture.
We have a rich history of consumer and B2B brand experience, representing some of the world’s largest brands, including GE, Wal-Mart, Carnival and Sony. We do the digital heavy lifting, solving complex challenges through our core advantage, integrated strategy & analytics and end-to-end delivery.
We seek an art director who will be responsible for designing websites and brochures for an advertising agency on behalf of its clients. In this position, you will create and maintain the visual brand for all assigned accounts, making sure our clients’ digital marketing is visually engaging and consistent.
What you will do
· Act as creative lead for all projects under your direction, which may include as many as five clients, and ensure that all work meets the SOW requirements.
· Oversee work produced by other design staff and ensure work is delivered on time throughout the project lifecycle.
· Act as a client advocate to ensure that the marketing goals for each project are met.
· Closely track best practices and emerging trends to keep our clients on top of the curve and maintain their brands effectively.
· Assist in client presentations and delivery of materials for meetings; support the business development team with any requests during sales process.
· Develop fresh, original ideas for BGT’s clients and foster innovation among other members of the design team.
· Provide positive feedback during collaboration with team members, recommend team training opportunities and attend educational seminars as requested.
What you need to do it
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years experience in an interactive marketing agency.
· Proven experience working with large-scale web sites, e-marketing and advertising, as well as a solid understanding accepted best practices.
· Expert knowledge of user interface design and QA methodologies, plus a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems.
· A solid command of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography and limitations of the web; must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
· Ability to present design concepts to clients, champion great ideas, solicit feedback and respond with improvements.
· Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Adobe AfterEffects and other essential applications.
· Knowledge of HTML, DHTML CSS, Actionscript, Drupal and related utilities.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as the capability to work autonomously.
· Unfailing optimism and a willingness to tackle short deadlines and tight budgets with determination and a smile.
Please include a link to your portfolio.