Graphic Design Job of the Day: Digital Designer
Looking for a New York design job? Greater Than One is looking for a Digital Designer to be part of the company’s Experience Design team.
Greater Than One is seeking a Designer who can create fulfilling, unique user experiences online. We are looking for someone who is a true interactive thinker and a talented designer with excellent typographical, layout, and concepting skills. The ideal candidate will be familiar with interface and interaction design, and be well versed in multimedia development.
We are seeking someone who will be a part of the Experience Design team. Designers must be capable of working in a team environment, and take direction from Art Directors and Creative Directors. Every project is worked on collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of art directors, designers, copywriters, and information architects.
As a Designer, you must work efficiently and with speed and skill. Designers must follow strategic direction, and keep user needs and client business goals in mind, whether they are developing a web page, banner, email or mobile-related project.
Designers must be be team players, and have excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and production skills. Deep digital agency experience is required; and offline.
Required Skills and Experience
• Deep understanding of the digital space and the latest industry trends • 1-2 years experience in an agency environment
• Excellent concepting, design, and typographical skills
• Able to think out of the box and push the envelope
• Must be self-motivated, flexible, and comfortable with a fast paced work environment
• Experience with CS5 Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and designing for • Flash; video experience is a plus
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, and get things done quickly
• Perfectionist, with pixel-perfect designs and organized layer comps
• Team player, with a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn
• Ability to follow creative and art direction
• Conscientious and passionate about their work
• Ability to work collaboratively with other team members and departments
such as Information Architects, Copywriters, multimedia specialists and the
• Good communication skills and the ability to talk about their work • Pharmaceutical experience a plus but not required
Technical skill requirements:
• Apple OSX, Adobe Creative Suite CS 5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, knowledge of Flash or After Effects a plus)
• Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Knowledge of Video/filming, editing software a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic/Communication Design or some other related Visual Design field
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2013 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.