Graphic Design Job of the Day: Digital Designer
Looking for a Chicago, IL design job? Lipman Hearne is seeking a Digital Designer for its in-house team. Must have 3-5 years experience.
Reports to: VP Digital Services & Associate Creative Director in Digital
We are the nation’s leading marketing and communications firm serving the nonprofit sector and the common good. Our clients include universities and colleges, advocacy groups in areas ranging from education access to wellness, foundations, faith-based organizations, and cultural centers around the country and abroad.
We have a staff of more than 70 accomplished professionals working in our Chicago and Washington DC offices. Our expertise encompasses brand marketing, enrollment management consulting, fundraising communications, public affairs, market research, advertising, direct and interactive marketing.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits, great clients, terrific colleagues, and an opportunity to put your talent and experience to work for organizations whose missions are to educate, serve, and enrich the world.
In joining our Digital Services team you will be an integral part of a passionate, entrepreneurial, and innovative team. We are excited by the constantly evolving digital landscape in marketing and want to surround ourselves with people that share that passion.
The digital designer will be responsible for developing concepts for full and mobile websites, targeted web initiatives, applications, banner ads, and HTML emails. As a member of multiple project teams, he or she contributes creative concepts, proposes deliverables, and supports the advancement of the digital practice at Lipman Hearne.
· Attend and actively contribute to brainstorms and project meetings
· Develop strong creative concepts based on strategic and creative project goals
· Ensures creative concepts achieve client goals while considering technological or budgetary parameters
· Collaborate effectively with other creatives, the project team, and other department units
· Consult with and take direction from the creative director/design director
· Work with development partners and project managers to ensure a well-considered design becomes a reality. Understand the importance of quality assurance and digital craftsmanship
· Meet specifications and milestones in coordination with the digital project manager in charge of the project at hand
· Explore and share new knowledge about trends, tools, and techniques in digital marketing
· Sell, present, and work with clients as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
· Good portfolio that demonstrates creative spark, strong layout skills, and functional requirements for usability
· 3-5 years of experience as a digital designer; agency experience a plus
· Works well in a team environment on large websites, specialty microsites, and banner ad campaigns
· Understands CMS-driven sites and how to balance design aesthetics with technological considerations
· Adept at developing design concepts in Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator (Nondestructive design practices are required for file production)
· Knowledge of responsive design practices
· Familiarity with project management collaboration tools
· Positive, can-do attitude
· Desire to do great work for clients who do exciting things in the world
· Excitement about digital marketing and design
· Detail oriented and digital craftsmanship
· Passion for mastering new tools, applications, trends – and sharing them with colleagues
· Excited about new approaches in digital marketing, social media or HTML5/CSS3 or others
This is a career opportunity. Lipman Hearne is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested, experienced professionals should forward a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. No calls please. Only qualified