Graphic Design Job of the Day: Graphic Designer/Illustrator
Looking for a Texas design job? American Crafts is looking for a Graphic Designer/Illustrator to work on their team.
We’re looking for a talented designer/illustrator to fill a Graphic Designer/Illustrator position at our Texas office. We design cool, modern/contemporary scrapbooking and crafting products that are sold in Target, Michaels, Jo-Ann Stores, Hobby Lobby, Amazon.com and other retailers.
Designers work closely with the VP of Marketing, Art Director and other designers to create new products, packaging, marketing materials, and to assist in various projects.
WHAT OUR DESIGNERS SAY ABOUT WORKING HERE
- I like that the design team is made up of a lot of people from various educational and professional backgrounds. Having lots of perspectives makes for stronger work. And everyone here is so friendly. Candidates should know that we make cool, trendy products. When people hear crafts they might think kitsch, but that is definitely not the case at American Crafts. Ayumi Trubshenk
- Product development at American Crafts is fast-paced and exciting— I love getting to see my designs turned into real-world products on a regular basis. And it feels great to make fun, happy products that customers love. Richard Murdock
- American Crafts’ designers aren’t creating products for some stodgy old scrapbook. We incorporate the latest in design, fashion and home decor into our work. We illustrate, we design patterns, we do a lot of creative problem solving. It’s a really fun environment where you get to work with other creative and talented people. Amber Rogers
- I can honestly say that I love my job. It’s amazing! I like that I get to work in a friendly atmosphere with lots of nice people. The best part is that I spend almost my entire day designing – and I don’t know that you always get that in a job. For a designer, it’s pretty awesome. Caytlyn Chilelli
- Work individually and on a team to innovate and design new product lines, packaging, and marketing materials.
- Mock-up prototypes of product and packaging.
- Assist in creation of marketing collateral.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (BFA preferred) preferably in graphic design, illustration or fine arts
- Recent graduates welcome to apply as well as those with a experience in graphic design — salary will be based on experience and skills
- Internship experience preferred but not required
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the Adobe suite, with an in-depth knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Strong typography skills preferred; strong illustration skills preferred
- Ability to mock-up packaging and product preferred, with attention to detail and pride in quality craftsmanship
- Must be highly organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Must pay attention to detail and have the ability to work efficiently without sacrificing quality
- Must be able to quickly and effectively communicate through verbal and written channels
- Any cross training in photography, video production or Web design is viewed as a plus, but not required
- Must work full-time from the Texas office (no remote work available)
WHAT WE OFFER
- This is a full-time, salaried position. Starting salary is $36K – 48K DOE.
- An energetic, interactive environment – health and dental insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employer-matched Simple IRA plan
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter. Please include a link to either a website or a PDF of your portfolio, illustrating your very best design and the breadth of your abilities. Please indicate the best time of day to contact you in your cover letter.
If you have previously applied for a designer position at American Crafts, there is no need to apply again. We have your resume on file and will consider it with all new applicants. Thanks!
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2013 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.