Job Of The Day
Our ideal designer candidate will have 3+years of book design experience, preferably in trade book publishing, and needs be able to offer unique design solutions to a wide range of projects. Candidates must be organized, able to prioritize workload, and work with editors, sales, and production in a fast paced environment. Must be technically comfortable working on complex mechanicals and offer unique design solutions to a wide range of projects.
- Marvel Origins (Evergreen) Design work of future picture books, readers, an 8x8s, including increasing pub plans of titles based on origins original art work.
- Marvel (Movie-Tie-ins) Design work of increasing pub plans for future releases: Captain America, Avengers, and Spider-Man.
- Marvel (TV-Tie-ins) Design work of increasing pub plans including: Avengers and Spider-Man.
- Demonstrated ability to think out-of-the-box in developing concepts, covers, branding, logos and format design.
- Possess the ability to communicate and present ideas within a team environment in weekly cover concept meetings.
- Proven design talent in creating innovative design, application of typography, layout, and color.
- Partner creatively with Editorial and Art Development teams throughout the product development process, as well as Managing Editorial and Production teams.
Looking to hire a designer? Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.