Job Of The Day
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia is currently looking for a Design Director for Everyday Food. Under the guidance of the Editor in Chief, this highly creative position will be charged with directing and evolving the visual aspects of the magazine and iPad app.
· Work with the Editor in Chief to direct and evolve all visual aspects of Everyday Food
· Direct, research, and manage photo shoots, graphics, layouts and art production for Everyday Food Magazine and iPad app.
· Undertake and oversee art direction of digital magazine platform
· Work directly with the EIC, Art, Style, Edit, and Online departments to communicate editorial content
· Develop and maintain brand visuals
· Lead the Everyday Food Art Dept., working with the EIC, Managing Editor, Style, Copy, and Production departments to meet monthly photography, production, and copy deadlines
· Provide visual content ideas for other areas of the company including TV, Books, and Retail when needed.
· Manage and actively mentor members of the art department of Everyday Food
· Review color separation proofs with the Managing Editor, Art Production and Print Quality Director, as directed by Everyday Food EIC.
· Oversee and monitor project budgets against guidelines provided by the CFO and EVP Creative Director as related to activities under the Everyday Food EIC
· Supervise the Photo Editor and Associate Art Director(s) reporting to this position as well as hire, train and mentor new employees in these positions
· Find and hire freelance stylists as necessary
Looking to hire a designer? Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.